Scientific research objectives and Technological developpement :
The laboratory's expertise extends over a wide range of topics within the scope of advanced control, where its objectives can be summarized as follows:
- Act as a specialized research and development unit for advanced control systems.
- Develop human resources in advanced technologies ie. identification techniques, advanced control of integer and non-integer order systems.
- Development of mathematical optimization tools to provide more accurate models.
- Synthesis of robust controllers able to ensure better performance.
- Implementation and realization of control sequences on industrial processes.
- Robustification of a class of standard controllers to increase the robustness margin.
- Extend all control techniques of single-variable systems on multi-dimensional systems.
- Discover mathematical notions using non-integer order.
- Develop more accurate models based on fractional order differential equations.
- Develop control laws for fractional systems.
- Synthesize fractional controllers by advanced control techniques.
- Realize and implement fractional order controllers.
- Develop new heuristic methods for complex dynamic image analysis.
- Realize artificial visual brains in order to use it for the realization of an autonomous control system.
- Provide a test bed for prototyping and the production of new technologies.
- Establish a technology transfer mechanism for local control industries.
- Contribute to world-class research and establish international relations with similar laboratories around the world.
In addition, among the objectives targeted by our Advanced Control Laboratory project, we can mention:
- training by researching doctoral students and masters
- the valorization of the works carried out within the research teams
- scientific diffusion
- technology transfer to industry.
The laboratory we will also ensure the development of quality scientific research that takes into account guidelines, national needs and universal incentives and concerns.
Implemented Themes :
The laboratory main research topics are:
- Development and improvement of meta heuristic and stochastic optimization methods such as PSO, simulated annealing, genetic algorithms ...
- Modeling of complex single or multi-variable systems to prepare them for the control stage.
- The identification of model parameters or controller parameters of integer and non-integer order.
- Improved control techniques of multi-variable systems such as optimal control methods, robust control, H inf ...
- Predictive control of industrial processes.
- Robust adaptive control of wind turbines (renewable energy field)
- Design and realization of non-integer order models to describe the real dynamics of physical systems (fractional behavior)
- Design and realization of fractional Controllers
- Control the processes;
- Transmission of information extracted from images.
- Research and development of new heuristic methods for complex dynamic image analysis.
- Detection of different events
- Interact (eg, as triggering agent for positioning equipment)
- The realization of artificial visual brains in order to be used for the realization of an autonomous control system.